Saturday, August 15, 2009

Pay it forward

Whether I'm reading, watching something or creating. I like things that help me and others possibily learn how to help make our world a better place. For others as well as ourselves. I don't watch much tv or movies but when I do I like them to fall in the afore mention.

I also like the shows I watch to have happy endings. To me life can have enough sadness in it without opening myself up to more heartache watching a movie or tv. I also don't watch horror. Again enough spooky stuff in the world. Altho, I do love to hear or read a good ghost story. Now please remember those are just my personal preferences.

With all that being said here's my personal ratings for movings or t.v.

1. don't bother
2. would be ok for white noise
3. was ok nothing to rave about tho.
4. pretty good would recommend-possibily with a disclaimer
5. FANTASTIC really recommend this.

Thursday night my daughter, granddaughter and I watched a movie called "Pay it Forward". It's about a 11 year old boy, who for a social studies challenge at school decides to help 3 different people. Then those 3 people are supposed to each help 3 more people, instead of thanking or paying the little boy back. Then each of those 3 help 3 more and so on and so on.

I LOVED this movie and was thinking 5, 5, 5 up until the last 5 minutes of the movie. The last 5 minutes my daughter and I bawled our eyes out! I would still give this movie a high 4. Altho, I don't plan on watching it again. But I do hope to implement it's premise in my life.

If you've seen this moving or know about "pay it forward" I'd love to read your comments as to what you think.

2 comments:

  1. Saw this movie a LONG time ago and loved it. Then, one day I was in Walmart or Target or something and I saw the soundtrack. I bought it right away. It was all insturmental except for one song. I liked it, but was expecting...I don't know...something else. That one song though...if you can make it through the long intro though...it's really good. It's called "Calling All Angels"...beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason my responses aren't showing up blogger ughhh.

    I think I'll pass on the soundtrack Mercedes probably tooo sad for me lol.

    ReplyDelete